FRP II works closely with all its counterparts of the Government of Jordan to strengthen the fiscal foundation of Jordan’s economy in the pursuit of economic stability and growth with equity.
The project pursues seven principal objectives:
1. Strengthening public financial management for more efficient use of public resources by implementing the Government Financial Management Information System (GFMIS).
2. Promoting accountability and transparency through effective monitoring and impact assessments of government policies and actions.
3. Improving revenue mobilization through more advanced revenue administration.
4. Adopting resource-saving reforms in selected government programs based on sound policy analysis.
5. Increasing efficiency in cross border trade.
6. Promoting private sector investments through the development of an enabling Public Private Partnership Framework.
7. Supporting the Government of Jordan in the implementation of a comprehensive and fiscally sustainable National Energy Strategy.